WinRAR can be used to open, create, edit some fairly popular archive formats like zip, zip, 7zip etc. With WinRAR 5.11 you will be easy to create a data archive rar or zip format with a variety of options in it as it features protection against file using a password etc.
In addition to functioning well enough to make the archives, WinRAR 5.11 has more advantages when compared with the similar software include the ability to read more than ten archive and disk image formats are not less unique feature of this software is self-extraction (sfx) which you can present in the form of GUI and console.
- Command line interface
- Complete support of RAR and ZIP 2.0 archives
- Creation of self-extracting archives (also multivolume) using the default or optional SFX modules
- Highly sophisticated, original compression algorithm
- Multivolume archives
- Non RAR archives (7Z, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LZH, TAR, UUE, XZ, Z) management
- Recovering physically damaged archives
- Recovery volumes allowing to reconstruct missing parts of multivolume archives
- Shell interface including drag-and-drop facility and wizard
- Solid archiving, which can raise compression ratio by 10% - 50% over more common methods, particularly when packing a large number of small, similar files
- Special algorithms optimized for text, audio, graphics, 32-bit and 64-bit Intel executables compression
- Unicode support in file names
- Other service functions, such as encryption, archive comments , error logging, etc.
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1 or Server
- No special requirements